Standard Quilt Sizes
We provide comfort quilts to nursing homes. These quilts should be 45 inches by 54 inches.
The guild commits to making 40 quilts for Camp Erin. These quilts should be about 50 inches wide by 60 inches long (a bit bigger is okay, also). Here are a few “recipes” that work well:
- 12 inch blocks set 4 by 5,
- 9 inch blocks set 5 by 6 with a 4 inch border,
- 9 inch blocks set 6 by 7.
Quilts of Valor
More specific information can be found at: https://www.qovf.org/quilters-questions/basic-requirements/
- Fabric used should be high quality 100% “shirt-weight” or “quilt-weight” cotton fabric appropriate for adults.
- Don't use specific military-branch fabrics (Army, Navy, etc.) or non-“patriotic” fabric (overly floral), unless the recipient is known in advance.
- A Quilt of Valor is to be large enough to cover an average-sized adult, with an ideal size approximately 60” x 80.” Finished size can be no smaller than 55” x 65” and no larger than 72” x 90.”